Friday, July 25, 2008

Mom

My mom passed away yesterday afternoon.

It was a blessing my brothers and I got to go to New Mexico last weekend and be with her. She was awake and alert although she was in severe pain.

I was able to paint her toenails and fingernails, which had been neglected for a long time.
One of my favorite things to do with my mom is manis and pedis, so it only seemed fitting that we got one more in. I went to the nearest store and picked two colors I thought she would like; brilliant and vibrant. She of course chose brilliant, because she was.

My mom was the strongest, most beautiful and talented woman I know. She could do anything from making our clothes to extravagant birthday cakes. My favorite was the Cabbage Patch Kid cake. She was an exceptional cook some of her favorites were; caramel corn, cookies, mashed potatoes, fried chicken, I could go on and on.

I am a bit of a mess right now and all I can hear is my mom saying "Get it together Megan", so I will try...

5 comments:

Wendie said...

Megan, Codi just called to let me know about the passing of your mother. I am so sorry. I know that you can take comfort in the fact that you were able to spend some special time with her. Just being around you makes life brighter and happier and I'm sure you were able to give that to her. You are such a wonderful person and daughter. Please know that if there is anything you need we are more than happy to help. We are wishing you love and peace at this difficult time.

Love, Brad and Wendie Worthen

Veronica said...

Dear Megan,

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Although it's been a number of years since I last saw your mom, I remember clearly how warm and how feisty she was. What a wonderful lady.

Love, Veronica

Christin said...

Hey Megan, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Please let me know if you need anything. Love you! Christin

jayci said...

Megs...I love you and I love your mom. I have such fond memories of my childhood, and your mom was in so many of them. I remember her cooking!!! Nobody made choc. chip cookies like Jan! I love my memory of that trip to Mt. Rushmore. We had such a good time and laughed so hard. Your mom ALWAYS made me feel like I was part of the family. Her stories and willingness to talk to us made me feel so special and loved. I am so so sorry that she passed away. I love you Megan, and I KNOW that your mom is no longer in pain. I know that you know this too. You and your family are in Danny any my prayers! Call if you need anything. I am always here. I love you. Jayci.

Mary said...

Megan. You are such a strong person and you always have it together. There is no shame in letting it fall apart, even for a few minutes. You deserve that. I recently heard some advice about the grieving process. How important it is. Our bishop said, "The best was to take sorrow out of death, it to take love out of life." You live your life so wonderfully and so fully, that certainly your mom is proud of you. My heart aches for you and your sorrow. Please know that I send you my love and my prayers. I love you and Nick. I'm here if you need anything.