Saturday, October 25, 2008

Autumn Trip

Tuesday, Nick was home at 2:30PM. That is rare, usually he is calling for a ride about 8:30PM but to my surprise he was home! I was very excited as you can tell.

We decided to take a drive and enjoy the beautiful sights, sounds and tastes of fall in Michigan. We took all back roads and I tried to get some good pics but they don't do justice to the scene here.

We stopped for drinks at Brown's Root Beer diner then headed to Kensington State Park.

The sunshine is deceiving...it was maybe 50 degrees.

On our way home we had to stop at Erwin's Orchard for pumpkin spice doughnuts, carmel apples and a head of cabbage (I couldn't resist it). We didn't get any pictures at the orchard because there was a bus load of 3rd graders that ran all over us. Nick of course said "get me outta here."

This was a beautiful day and I was very happy to spend it with Nick. Enjoy the pics...


















Nick with a Root Beer float and me with......................Diet Coke

Kensington State Park








Outside our apartment at sunset

3 comments:

Megan said...

I had to create an account .. I couldn't resist leaving you a message. I loved this post. Nick what is up with the facial hair?!?! I can't wait to see you. It is beautiful there. You both look great. I miss you so much, it's hard to see your pics ... it makes me miss you more. We love you so much. Keep posting!!!!

Emma said...

Great pictures! The midwest does have awesome colors even though we don't have mountains. If you ever get to the other side of the lake let us know!!

Woodworth Family said...

Beautiful Pics! You guys always find fun places to stop. Show me where they are!